Printed Circuit Board (PCB)

A printed circuit board, or PCB, is used to mechanically support and electrically connect electronic components using conductive pathways, or traces, etched from copper sheets laminated onto a non-conductive substrate. Alternative names are printed wiring board (PWB), and etched wiring board. A PCB populated with electronic components is a printed circuit assembly (PCA), also known as a printed circuit board assembly (PCBA).

PCBs are rugged, inexpensive, and can be highly reliable. They require much more layout effort and higher initial cost than either wire-wrapped or point-to-point constructed circuits, but are much cheaper and faster for high-volume production. Much of the electronics industry's PCB design, assembly, and quality control needs are set by standards that are published by the IPC organization.

The example for PCB Layout Program

Materials

Conducting layers are typically made of thin copper foil. Insulating materials have a wider scale: phenolic paper, glass fibre and different plastics are commonly used. Usually PCB factories use prepregs (short for preimpregnated), which are a combination of glass fibber mat, no woven material and resin. Copper foil and prepreg are typically laminated together with epoxy resin. Well known prepreg materials used in the PCB industry are FR-2 (Phenolic cotton paper), FR-3 (Cotton paper and epoxy), FR-4 (Woven glass and epoxy), FR-5 (Woven glass and epoxy), and FR-6 (Matte glass and polyester).

Patterning (etching)

The vast majority of printed circuit boards are made by bonding a layer of copper over the entire substrate, sometimes on both sides, (creating a "blank PCB") then removing unwanted copper after applying a temporary mask (e.g. by etching), leaving only the desired copper traces. A few PCBs are made by adding traces to the bare substrate (or a substrate with a very thin layer of copper) usually by a complex process of multiple electroplating steps.

The etching machine

Lamination

Some PCBs have trace layers inside the PCB and are called multi-layer PCBs. These are formed by bonding together separately etched thin boards

Printed circuit assembly

After the printed circuit board (PCB) is completed, electronic components must be attached to form a functional printed circuit assembly, or PCA (sometimes called a "printed circuit board assembly" PCBA). In through-hole construction, component leads are inserted in holes. In surface-mount construction, the components are placed on pads or lands on the outer surfaces of the PCB. In both kinds of construction, component leads are electrically and mechanically fixed to the board with a molten metal solder.

Protel 99 SE As PCB Design Tools

With Protel 99 SE we can take any design from the simplest 3 component circuit through to the most complex multi-sheet project, from concept to completion. Protel 99 SE includes an easy-to-use schematic capture editor with a huge range of components, a powerful PCB design editor with sophisticated interactive routing and placement features that are second-to-none, and an easy-to-use shape based auto router that routes like a professional board designer.

To back up these core design tools Protel 99 SE also includes a SPICE 3f5 compliant mixed-signal circuit simulator, a CUPL-based PLD compiler, and a sophisticated PCB signal integrity analysis tool. Nowadays, the usage of Protel 99SE is no longer available.

Footnote : This information is based on my assignment.
Previous
Next Post »
10 Komen
avatar

ape ni..aku xphm...haha...

Balas
avatar

thanks for sharing bro..aku wat reference tuk report projek aku..hehe..aku lupa step dia...thanks a lot

Balas
avatar

Really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.

Balas
avatar

The other day, while I ωas at work, my cousin stole my aрple
ipad аnd tested to see if it сan survive
a 25 fοot drоp, juѕt so shе can be a yοutubе sensation.
My iPad is noω broken and she has 83 views. I know thіs is totallу
off topic but I haԁ to share it with someone!


Check out my webρage; stumbled upon this sensual massage
Also visit my homepage ; london tantra

Balas
avatar

Good post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Many thanks!

Feel free to surf to my web-site: residential property management agreement

Balas
avatar

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an really long comment but
after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all
that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say wonderful
blog!

Feel free to surf to my website Highland Park furnace plumbing

Balas
avatar

Hello! This is the fourth time visiting now and I personally just wanted to say I truley relish looking at your blog site.

I have decided to bookmark it at delicious.com with the title: Blogger: Blog Ini Bukan Coklat
v4 and your Domain name: http://www.blogger.com/comment.
g?blogID=1832408599618492997&postID=4695824843915504851.

I hope this is fine with you, I'm trying to give your wonderful blog a bit more exposure. Be back shortly.

My web site furnace blower motor troubleshooting
my web site > furnace troubleshooting flowchart

Balas
avatar

I'm not sure why but this blog is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.


my web page used refrigerators for sale orange county

Balas
avatar

I'm curious which blogging platform you might be using? I'm
new to operating a blog and have been thinking about using the Ning platform.
Do you think this is a good foundation to start with?
I would be extremely grateful if I could ask you some questions
through e-mail so I can learn a bit more before getting started.

When you have some free time, please be sure to get in touch with me at: susannah-flanders@yahoo.
de. Many thanks

my site ... refrigerator repairs sydney

Balas